Serving the Coulee Region in a historic, urban farm setting through:
Clearwater Farm is a 100% volunteer-operated, non-profit organization.
Our mission is to demonstrate, teach, and advocate the sustainable use of natural, architectural, historical, and agricultural resources.
- Summer Youth Gardens – Teaching over 100 children, at-risk youth, and adults with disabilities about healthy living from seed to table.
- Community Service – The #1 provider of service hours for La Crosse County!
- Community Gardening – Volunteers working together to produce organic food for their families and local food pantries.
- Yoga on the Farm – Every Wednesday evening this summer!
- Family Activities – Fun for all ages, including our annual Halloween Spooktacular!
- Wine and Beer Tasting & Christmas Tree Sale – Annual fundraising events.
- Eagle Scout Projects – Explore our new mushroom garden!
- Volunteer Teams – Animal Care, Gardening, Education, Grounds Maintenance, and Special Events
“Our students have grown a lot this year. They are showing more confidence, leadership, nurturing, and daily living skills. We feel very blessed to have made the connection with Clearwater Farm.”
- Holmen High School
Animal of the Month: Frosty
You may recognize Frosty from Clearwater’s annual Christmas card, or you may have heard her braying for attention. She is a sweet and gentle donkey that protects the herd, and over the years she has become the farm’s mascot. Read more…
UW-L students developed business plans designed to assist Clearwater Farm with future sustainability planning thanks to Marjorie Bazluki and Assistant Professor of Economics, Mary Hamman. Read more….